According to the Outdoor Advertising Association of America,
- A city as small as 50,000 people will garner 8.4 million impressions a year from one wrapped vehicle.
- 90% of all travelers notice graphics on all wrapped vehicles.
- 75% of consumers for impressions about a company based on fleet graphics.
- 30% of all consumers base their buying decisions on impressions they receive from company vehicles.
|Triple Surfboards Trailer Wrap|
Below are some tips for developing the most effective vehicle wrap campaign for your company.
From full-color photographs to stylized illustrations, virtually anything that you or your designers can imagine can be realized in a vehicle wrap. However, there are a few guidelines you should keep in mind when creating your message:
- Keep it brief. Like a billboard, a vehicle wrap has a limited time to make an impact. Try to budget yourself five words or less so the audience has time to read and remember what you have to say. Also, choose colors and fonts that are clear and easy to read from a distance.
- Stick with your brand. Unless legibility is a concern, use the colors, fonts, logo and other branding elements you've established throughout your marketing materials. These visual cues help your audience remember your name and your message. Studies reveal that fleet advertising boosts name recognition 15 times greater than any other form of advertising.
- Provide simple contact information. Give your audience a way to immediately contact you – either through your website or by phone.
- Design in 360°. Remember that, for maximum effectiveness, your message and contact information should be visible on each side of the vehicle – including the front and rear.
A poorly produced or installed vehicle wrap may fade, bubble, peel or crack, significantly reducing the value of your investment. Top quality 3MTM vinyl vehicle wraps can be printed in a full spectrum of vibrant color, and will not harm your vehicle's finish. When installed by a 3M certified company, a long-term vehicle wrap should last 3-5 years.
Choosing a 3M certified vendor is important for two reasons. First, qualification for this program requires rigorous quality control and strict adherence to 3M’s material, equipment and process guidelines. A vendor who has fulfilled 3M's requirements is likely to deliver quality results. Second, only a 3M certified company can offer the 3M MCSTM Warranty – a comprehensive warranty which provides for the credit or replacement of all 3M materials used in the graphic. Covered defects include cracking, crazing, peeling, fading, blistering, gloss changes, seam failure, mildewing, and more. A 3M MCS Warranty protects the value of your investment.
In addition to the impressions you'll gain simply by driving around town, there are a many opportunities to maximize your exposure. Try parking your vehicle on the edge of a parking lot, so that passing traffic can see your message. When possible, arrive early and park near the entrance of a concert or sports event. Given a little forethought, your vehicle can provide round-the-clock promotion for your brand.
For more information about vehicle wrap advertising, contact Wraps For Less
Statistics above provided by the OAAA (Outdoor Advertising Association of America) in 2003.